There are 4 Foodswaps in South Barwon.
- Grovedale Orchard meet (and Swap) – 1st Saturday @ End of Perret St, Grovedale (not a formal swap, but people often turn up with food and plants to share and swap)
- Belmont Foodswap – 2nd Saturday @ South Barwon Community Centre
**Please note** the Belmont Swap is currently not operating, and is looking for a volunteer to help organise, please get in touch.
- Grovedale foodswap – 3rd Saturday @ Grovedale Community Centre OR Community Garden – 45 Heyers Road.
- Highton Foodswap – 4th Saturday of the month @ Vitality Cafe (opposite Safeway, Highton)
A foodswap is a great way of connecting people who have created abundance.
The items you bring are placed on a table, and you simply take what you think is a fair swap for the items that you brought. For swappers, it’s completely free, and there is often a great array of quality produce to choose from.
Those who bring items to swap get the pick of the best produce (9:30-10am), but after the swapping is mostly over at 10am, we encourage anyone in the community to attend and take some great local foods for just a donation – a great way of getting some cheap herb, veggies, plants & more. The donations go towards hosting and promoting the swap.
Bring as little, or as much as you like.
Anything home grown, or home made is welcome, some examples of what’s been available at previous swaps:
- Spare seeds & seedlings,
- Jams & preserves, home-made sauces etc
- Dried & Fresh herbs
- Leafy greens & seasonal veggies
- Citrus & seasonal fruits
- Honey, eggs & much more
Facebook users can also visit the Foodswaps Facebook page to leave comments, find out what’s going on, request certain things, or just let people know what you might be bring.