SEPT 2023 – NOTE: This website is undergoing a (long awaited) upgrade, so things might look a bit out of place for a bit – but all the content is still available in the menus above (or below).
Transition is a worldwide movement, where a grassroots community comes together to explore ways that a town or region can transition to a truly sustainable, resilient and happier future for everyone.
See our about us page for more information.
TSB’s primary focus is on the Victorian postcode 3216 (including Belmont, Highton & Grovedale), but we welcome members and friends from all over Geelong.
- About Us
- Community Orchard
- Contact Us
- Food Swaps
- Grow It – Eat It
- Past Projects
- Transition Streets
- 3 February 2024 – FREE WORKSHOP!“Friends of Fruit Trees – Companion Planting” Join us for a hands-on companion planting workshop to explore some of the many plants that can help your fruit trees by attracting good bugs, deterring the bad ones, and promoting soil health and fertility. The knowledgeable Shaun Mcleod from Intuitive Garden Design and Maintenance is facilitating this … Read more
- Transition South Barwon – what we have been up to in 2023It’s been an active and fruitful year for Transition South Barwon. Our main activities this year included completing works in the Grovedale Community Orchard, hosting educational workshops, and several community dinners, and activities. Additionally, we were awarded new grants and funding to ensure the continuity of our projects. Grovedale Community Orchard Some work completed this … Read more
- Let’s create a shared prosperous future, based on a clear understanding of how we got to where we are.What will it take for a critical mass of South Barwon residents to become galvanized around the concept of a planned transition to a low energy, climate-changed world? Short this critical mass, and this understanding, it may be, that we stand by and watch as our community walks, unaware and unprepared, into a dystopian future. … Read more
- A crucial juncture – a beginning or an endingThis post is by TSB President; Phil Baulch (“crucial juncture”) A point of time: especially one made critical by a concurrence of circumstances. Sometimes it takes an existential crisis to make real change happen. For Transition South Barwon (TSB), that crisis is now. Members of the current committee cannot continue in their current roles and … Read more
- Community Garden Open Day 2018GROW IT – EAT IT GROVEDALE COMMUNITY GARDEN 27 Oct 2018 Garden open 12-5pm . Feel welcome to come in and stroll through the garden. ===Program=== 12.15 Meet your tour leader at the gate for a guided walk around the garden. See the various bed configurations, plants, support structures unique to individual members. Check out … Read more